- Check your registration information. Make sure your residence and, if different, your mailing address are up to date.
- Have you moved or changed your name? Whether you are new to San Diego County or just moved down the street you need to re-register to vote.
- Are you a first-time voter? Register to Vote – it takes less than 2 minutes!
IMPORTANT STEPS WHEN VOTING YOUR MAIL BALLOT
- You will receive your mail ballot between 29 and 7 days before Election Day
- Follow instructions for marking (voting) on your mail ballot
- Place marked (voted) ballot in official return envelope and seal it
- SIGN and DATE outside of envelope – sign your name like it appears on your driver’s license or identification card
- If you mailed your ballot and forgot to sign the outside of the envelope, please use this form to send your signature to the Registrar of Voters.
You must SIGN AND DATE your return envelope or the form referenced above for your ballot to be counted!